Friday, May 1, 2015

Upcoming Blog Series - Level Up Your Midset!


                Every once in a while we experience something that really impacts us – we realize something about ourselves that had previously been a blind spot, we make a connection we previously didn’t see, or maybe you’re even inspired to challenge a way of thinking – it’s a big moment!  I had a moment like this 7 years ago.  I was married at the time, and was talking to my then husband about something.  I don’t remember what it was that I was talking about, but he got an incredibly flustered look on his face and loudly said ‘God, you’re so negative!’  I stopped in my tracks.  Me? Negative?  Was I really?  I was stunned.  That was my defining moment that started me on my journey to start examining my words, my thoughts, and my actions. 

                Now fast forward to Wednesday of this week.  I was finishing up a seminar I took at the American Management Association in Chicago, and afterwards my instructor pulled me aside to thank me.  He praised my energy I brought to the class and my positivity.  I of course appreciated his compliment and took pride in knowing that I had truly been my authentic self in the seminar.  While walking back to my car to head home I thought back to my impactful moment seven years ago, and how different I am today.  Over the course of the last seven years I have had a constant drive to improve myself, change the way I think, and be the best version of myself that I can be.  It makes me so excited and inspired to think about that, I want to share it with everyone! But helping people to change their thinking?  How do I do that??   That’s a BIG challenge and it’s taken me seven years and a lot of character building situations to get to where I am right now. 

                After some thinking on this topic, and knowing my core purpose to help people see they’re capable of more than they thought they were, I had an idea.  An idea I was really EXCITED about.  I will publish a blog series starting this coming week that addresses changing your mindset, and how to do it, all broken up in logical, smaller pieces.  So far it’s looking to be 7 entries, and its focus will be in three parts – Speech, Thoughts, and Action.  Keep your eyes open for my first installment “Can’t, Have To and Should. How They’re Stopping You”.   I hope you enjoy this upcoming series from me on how to Level Up Your Thinking – I have done this work firsthand and am really looking forward to sharing the experience.  Changing your way of thinking sounds huge, I know, but all big changes started with a small step!  Even if you take just one aspect of what I share with you - applying that one change may seem small now, but it changes your trajectory. The compound effect of a small change every day accumulates into something significant! 

                Thanks for taking the time to read this, and hopefully you will be inspired by what I share.  After all, we all have the power to be a little happier, a little more loving, a little more giving, and navigate our daily lives with a little more grace.  Look for my first installment on Monday! J
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment